This program is only open to players born in 2011.
New Canaan reserves the right to limit participation to those living in or attending school in town.
2011 Pre-Travel Programming
Our 2011 players will be eligible to try out for the 2020-202110u Town Travel Program at the end of this summer. To prepare them for this, NCSB is offering an 8u program that will begin about the time Spring rec begins and continue through the first half of July (possibly longer depending on player availability). Players must be born in 2011 and enrolled in the 2020 Spring Rec Program to participate in the Pre-Travel Program.
The goal of the 8u Pre-Travel Program is to prepare 2011 players and families for a 2020-2021 10u Travel Tryout and Season by introducing them to the following in Spring/Summer 2020:
- an extended softball season schedule
- instruction that is more targeted and advanced both in individual skill development and team concepts than available in rec
- practices that are more rigorous (not necessarily longer) than at the rec level
- additional focus on pitcher and catcher instruction
- more competitive game play with rules that are closer to 10u travel ball play than Rec AAA or AA play
The cost for to run this program is anticipated at $3,000-$3,500 and our goal is to have 15 players on the roster. This roster size makes the travel program for this group sustainable over the long run and provides summer flexibility for families while still allowing the team to participate in games well into the summer. The fee will be assessed once we know actual roster size.
Base Cost: $0.00
Open to: Girls
born between: 12/31/2010 and 01/01/2012